Important: Disconnect mains electricity supply before handling or attempting maintenance. Always fully read and check the troubleshooting section within your product instruction manual.
Please see below checklist;
- Open the unit up and inspect the impeller and shaft for any damage or blockages;
- Check the plastic propeller part is attached or disconnected from the magnet body of the impeller?
- If the shaft or impeller has snapped or disconnected or become damaged this part will need to be replaced;
- If these parts look fine and there are two rubber grommets fitted on each end of the shaft, or already inside the fittings, then re-assemble the unit;
- Regular cleaning of these parts should be carried out to stop any damage from happening.
- Your pond pump may have an air lock, please lift the pump and tilt from left to right to remove any still air that maybe trapped under the cover/ grills of the pump.
Still unsure why your pond pump is making noise? Please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist with some additional troubleshooting.